DEPARTMENT : B. Tech Mechanical Engineering
VISION: To become centre of excellence for technical education in the field of mechanical engineering to meet the societal, regional, national and global challenges.
1. To impart quality technical education and transform students into an effective and responsible engineers to work with the current technologies in multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment.
2. To encourage the students to develop their creativity in the fields of engineering by providing modern laboratory facilities with hands on training and contemporary curriculum.
3. To inculcate and promote lifelong learning skills, problem solving skills, leadership qualities and team work.
After successful completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering course the students will be able to get employment in Industry, become entrepreneur/Pursue higher studies in reputed Institutes depending upon their aptitude. The attributes of Programme Outcome are as follows:
1. Apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
2. Identify, visualize, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of mechanical Engineering.
3. Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice with appropriate considerations for societal and environmental constraints.
4. Apply their fundamental field skills towards the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on the society in a global and social context.
5. Apply ethical principles and responsibilities during professional practice.
6. Communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal, team, and group environments.
7. Apply the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering projects.
8. Recognize the need for professional advancement by engaging in lifelong learning.
1. THEORY OF MACHINES LAB
2. REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING LAB
3. MECHANICAL VIBRATION LAB
4. CAD/CAM LAB and COMPUTER GRAPHICS LAB
5. FLUID MECHANICS LAB
6. HEAT TRANSFER LAB
7. MATERIAL SCIENCE ENGINEERING LAB
8. MECHANICAL MEASUREMENT AND METROLOGY LAB
9. INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION AND ROBOTICS LAB
10. MANUFACTURING PROCESS LAB 1
11. MANUFACTURING PROCESS LAB 2
12. FLUID MACHINERY LAB
13. STRENGTH OF MATERIAL LAB
14. APPLIED THERMODYNAMICS LAB
15. AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING LAB
Batch 2011 : (https://www.ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/18-12-13%20Btech2011%20ME.pdf)
Batch 2018 : (https://www.ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/Mechanical/12July2019-BTech-ME-3-4-Sem-Batch-2018.pdf)
1. GATE preparation series for the students.
2. Regular Aptitude Test series for the students.
3. Organizing 2 hours per week soft skill development & motivational programs.
4. Organizing regularly AUTOMOBILE and CAD Mania Quizzes.
5. Organizing regularly industrial visits/tours.
6. Organizing regularly the talks and Seminars of Faculty and students concerning recent developments in Technology and Industry.
7. Parent Teacher Meeting’s conducted twice a semester in session.
1. Ankit Kumar ,Univ. Roll No.,1711695 secured 6th position in 1st semester in IKGPTU,Jalandhar merit list for Nov, 2017 Examinations
2. Rajat Sharma Univ. Roll No., 1711800 secured 6th position in 3rd semester in IKGPTU,Jalandhar merit list for Nov, 2017 Examinations
3. Neeraj Yadav, Univ. Roll No., 1515532 secured 7th position in 5th semester. in IKGPTU,Jalandhar merit list for Nov, 2017 Examinations