DEPARTMENT : Mechanical Engineering
PROGRAM : M.E.
VISION: To become centre of excellence for technical education in the field of mechanical engineering to meet the societal, regional, national and global challenges.
1. To impart quality technical education and transform students into an effective and responsible engineers to work with the current technologies in multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment.
2. To encourage the students to develop their creativity in the fields of engineering by providing modern laboratory facilities with hands on training and contemporary curriculum.
3. To inculcate and promote lifelong learning skills, problem solving skills, leadership qualities and team work.
OUTCOME After successful completion of M.E. Mechanical Engineering program, the students are expectede to attain following skiils, knowledge, values and attitudes as program outcomes:
1. Research Attitude: Post graduates are expected to improve their skills and knowledge about basic Research Methodology to solve technical problems. This helps in recognising and identifying the research potential in present scenario.
2. Problem Solving and analysis: Students are expected to learn how to identify, visualize, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of mechanical Engineering utilising modern engineering tools.
3. Effective Communication: Post gradutes are expected to develop effective oral and written communication especially in technical applications and within interpersonal, team, and group environments.
4. Creativity in Designing Mechanical Systems: Students are expected to attain the ability to apply creativity in the designing of Mechanical systems such as manufacturing and industrial systems.
1. COMPUTATIONAL AND RESAERCH LAB
2. THEORY OF MACHINES LAB
3. REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING LAB
4. MECHANICAL VIBRATION LAB
5. CAD/CAM LAB and COMPUTER GRAPHICS LAB
6. FLUID MECHANICS LAB
7. HEAT TRANSFER LAB
8. MATERIAL SCIENCE ENGINEERING LAB
9. MECHANICAL MEASUREMENT AND METROLOGY LAB
10. INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION AND ROBOTICS LAB
11. MANUFACTURING PROCESS LAB 1
12. MANUFACTURING PROCESS LAB 2
13. FLUID MACHINERY LAB
14. STRENGTH OF MATERIAL LAB
15. APPLIED THERMODYNAMICS LAB
16. AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING LAB
1. Regular Aptitude Test series for the students.
2. Organizing 2 hours per week soft skill development & motivational programs.
3. Organizing regularly AUTOMOBILE and CAD Mania Quizzes.
4. Organizing regularly industrial visits/tours.
5. Organizing regularly the talks and Seminars of Faculty and students concerning recent developments in Technology and Industry.